Company: HARLEQUIN ENTERPRISES LTD.
Department: Harlequin Brand Group
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Backlist Publishing & Carina Press
Location: Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West
Type: Contract (6 months)
To assist the Senior Manager, Backlist in the execution of digital products, promotions and initiatives that support the overarching strategic vision to maximize the profitability of Harlequin’s Brand Group.
The Assistant Product Manager is directly responsible for managing the execution and coordination of backlist repackaging initiatives and digital promotional plans to drive sales to meet the divisions strategic and financial objectives.
• Leads the work flow process with all key stakeholders to ensure production deadlines for all assigned products are met.
• Leads packaging process for assigned backlist authors/titles, ensuring strong competitive packaging that supports author strategy and marketing objectives. This includes aligning imprint teams to cover concepts.
• Manages cover art budgets and invoices. Ensuring covers come in on budget.
• Development and reworking of in-book advertising.
• Tracking of reviews, promotions and bestseller placements.
• Assists in the development of author shareables.
• Conference materials creation and coordination.
• Identifies promotional opportunities for titles/authors, working with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure visibility of assets and inclusion in promotional programs.
• Provide executional support for specified brand promotions.
• Ensure effective communication with all key stakeholders.
• Present program results, key learnings and next steps to assigned imprints at monthly touch point meetings.
Analysis and Reporting
• Analyze and report monthly title by title sales results (incl. price promotions) and identify results trends. Present findings and recommendations to imprint groups.
• Marketing, Business Administration or Commerce graduate with a minimum of 2 years working experience in a product management environment.
• Enthusiastic team player with exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, presentation, and copywriting skills.
• Strong analytical thinker, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
• Creative and strategic, with a solid understanding of digital marketing principles.
• Calm under pressure, takes initiative and effectively lead cross-functional teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Effectively balances multiple priorities/deadlines, knowing how to get things with cross functional groups.
• Ability to influence without the power of hierarchy, and continually creating new, creative packaging/promotions for product.
• Ability to manage execution.
• Ability to display organizational savvy.
• Strong presentation, planning, and leadership skills.
• A drive for results and ownership of product.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.