Department: Office Services
Reporting To: Manager, Purchasing & Administration
Location: Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West
Type: Regular Full Time
As a member of the Purchasing & Administration team, the Receptionist is responsible to answer and direct incoming telephone calls in an efficient and timely manner. Greet visitors and inform the appropriate party of their arrival. Act as the frontline contact person for all Newscorp Group of companies on all facility maintenance and service issues.
• Monitors, answers and directs all incoming calls for Harlequin and HarperCollins to the appropriate party’s extension in an efficient and timely manner.
• Attends and greets visitors at reception and informs the appropriate party.
• Liaison with building management on building maintenance and service issues, administrates all facility maintenance issues through office space and monitors requests through to completion.
• Secures boardroom bookings for Dow Jones and News Marketing Canada when requested.
• Assists the Book Production department in updating live production schedules within the scheduling system. Ensures the bound book dates are current with the street on sale date weekly movement.
• Assists Book Production Manager by scanning all pertinent delivery dates with BPS system as trade product is shipped.
• Responsible for all employee’s security passes for all new and current employees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• Previous Receptionist experience is an asset
• High School graduate or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication and professional presentation skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
• Customer Service Orientation
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.