The Manager, Digital Advertising is directly responsible for leading the strategic and logistic implementation of Harlequin’s corporate Digital Advertising program. Leads the strategic planning, budgeting and execution of digital advertising initiatives to drive sales and brand awareness to meet corporate strategic and financial objectives. Challenges the existing environment, scans the external environment for opportunities and develops new initiatives based on competitive analysis, available technology and sales/trend analysis.
• Develop the annual corporate digital advertising strategy and own the ongoing corporate digital advertising road map.
• Build digital advertising campaigns in conjunction with the marketing and digital brand teams for priority books, franchise author brands, genres and audience development initiatives.
• Execute on SEM strategies including optimization, insights generation, measurement and reporting.
• Execute digital advertising using self-serve advertising platforms and paid social media including campaign optimization & maintenance (i.e. targeting, bids, creative, budgets, etc).
• Analyze digital advertising campaign results to provide insights to leverage in the development of future digital advertising campaign.
Consulting and Best Practices (20%)
• Stay on top of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including developments in – Display, Social media, SEM, SEO, etc.
• Generate and share digital advertising best practices with internal stakeholders.
Vendor Management (20%)
• Lead engagement with digital advertising agencies, vendors and key internal partners.
• Negotiate contract, bulk buys and added value deals with key vendors.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders at various social media platforms and other digital advertising vendors and agencies.
• 5+ years of related experience and a strong background in digital marketing
• Post-secondary education in a related field (Advertising, Marketing) and/or relevant experience.
• Experience in developing digital advertising program strategy.
• Experience building and optimizing advertising campaigns using self-serve ad platforms such as Google Display Network, Paid Social Media etc.
• Hands-on experience with ad serving software using tools like Double Click Campaign Manager(DCM) or similar.
• Hands-on search engine marketing (SEM) experience using Google Adwords and Bing Search.
• Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
• Exceptional internal and internal relationship management capabilities.
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
• Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results.
• Positive and passionate with ability to work well with in a close-knit, team environment.
External applicants are asked to apply on our website (http://careers.harlequin.com).
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.