Job Title: Graphic Designer, Trade Publishing
Department: Retail Marketing
Reports to: Creative Director, Trade Publishing
The Art Department of one of the world’s largest book publishers is looking for an experienced innovative Graphic Designer to work on our Trade Imprints. Ideal prior experience includes minimum 5+ years Graphic Design Experience in Book Publishing, with a portfolio that represents strong conceptual skills mixed with flawless technique.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and understand how to juggle multiple projects while working with Art Directors to provide solid design solutions within the production schedules.
The position requires a team player who is versatile, can think on their feet and see projects through to completion - and the versatility to work in a variety of Genre’s for both exterior and interior graphics.
Interested, qualified, applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and
portfolio samples (no larger than 5 mgs!) to firstname.lastname@example.org - with GRAPHIC DESIGNER, TRADE PUBLISHING in the subject line and salary expectations.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
• 5+ years design experience
• Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
• Proficiency in a MAC environment
• Photoshop/Illustrator skills
• Superior InDesign skills
• Love for typography and excellent typographic skills (Hand Lettering Skills an asset)
• Remains current on art, design and publishing trends
• Previous experience in book publishing preferred
• Ability to present innovative design solutions
• Ability to work independently, or collaborate when necessary
• Can work on projects from concept to completion
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to multitask multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills